A Dissection Of The American Bladder

A blog that reaches deep into the bowels of America.

30 October 2006

Statement of Purpose

And to thee, and thy Company, I bid a hearty welcome.
(Ah, any word anyone has said or will say, Shakespeare has done it - and has done it 6.02 X 10^23 times better.)

And so you might be thinking:

Why write a blog? I really don't care what you think or what you have to say - I only have to waste 15 minutes before I have to run to class/Commons/the gym/my drug dealer/North Korea/the bathroom, and I saw this in your profile, so I figured I might as well check it out; I mean hell, it has to be better than a repeat episode of Yo Momma (editor's note: It probably won't).

In any case, let me outline for you my purpose of writing a blog:

Firstly and honestly, it's a selfish act. Joan Didion said she writes "to find out what I'm thinking, what I'm looking at, what I see and what it means. What I want and what I fear." I agree - really, it is about what I want. It will be independent of what I think you want - writing for self-growth is one of the pillars of this blog.

Secondly, I want it to be thought provoking, stimulating, and that mad phat superfly stupid dope dumbass retarded bomb shit props
so you can't wait for the next blog to come. The latter part of this purpose conflicts with Purpose #1, but hopefully I'll be able to reconcile the two.

Thirdly, I want to use it to make social and political commentary on America's culture in the debut de siecle. I intend this to be extremely informal, very un-PC, definitely awkward and uncomfortable. It is my attempt to flesh out some issues that my generation and we as nation conciously and subconciously face in our day.

Fourthly, it won't be over the top. But it will. Doesn't make sense, huh? I think Raddimus from the movie "Waiting..." can help with his explanation of the penis-showing game: "You can't just pull down your pants and say, 'HEY! LookAtMyDick! You have to be subtle.'" I'll keep it subtle, but not really.

I'm sure most of these will be thrown out after this blog, but I'll try and keep them in mind when I'm writing. I really just want to have fun with this thing.

And to end with Shakespeare:
I wish you well and so I take my leave,
I Pray you know me when we meet again.


Link of the Day: GIRL TALK
From PitchforkMedia.com:
"
Pittsburgh native Greg Gillis (Girl Talk) absolutely detonates the notions of mash-up on his third album, the violently joyous Night Ripper. Rather than squeeze two songs that sorta make sense together into a small box, Gillis crams six or eight or 14 or 20 songs into frenetic rows, slicing fragments off 1980s pop, Dirty South rap, booty bass, and grunge, among countless other genres. Then he pieces together the voracious music fan's dream: a hulking hyper-mix designed to make you dance, wear out predictable ideas, and defy hopeless record-reviewing."

Evidently, Girl Talk concerts are absurd and are more of a fraternity/rave/dance party than a concert. Expect to see me at his Pittsburgh tour date Nov. 24th and possibly as his Dec. 2 date at UNC.

A quote:
"What's up losers? Have you ever seen a guy playing a laptop before? I think you guys got ripped off," he announced after he changed into a three-piece suit for the show.



1 Comments:

  • At 7:07 PM, Blogger Bob Biscigliano said…

    you and another blog i read today have inspired me to create my own blog...the soggy blog.

    Brian

     

Post a Comment

<< Home